Dusting off Vlad
Published 2009-03-05 @ 14:53
As you can see by yesterday’s humongous release, I’m working on getting vlad lively again. My current plan is/was:
- [DONE] Get vlad on its feet.
- [DONE] Triage all bugs. Fix the biggies.
- [DONE] Pull as much as we can from The ClusterFuck™ (aka github).
- [DONE] Release 1.3.0
- Release 1.3.1 with any fixes from 1.3.0 fallout.
- Decide what the current 80% case is for rails these days and possibly change our defaults to fit that.
- Find owners for all other vlad plugins, split them off as separate gems (eg: vlad-mercurial, vlad-nginx, etc).
- Release 2.0.0, the newer, thinner, prettier vlad. Consider adding bows in vlad’s hair.
So, I’d like your feedback:
What is the current favored deployment strategy? (I mean in terms of actual numbers, not this week’s popular toy.)
Currently vlad has the following defaults:
Should any of these change?
I just deleted a bunch of comments chock-full with that railz0r “+1” horse-shit. The plural of anecdote is not data. I’m not asking people to vote. I’m asking for actual numbers on big installations out there. I want the few people who own the hardware the slices are running on, not the individuals using the slices.