Published at 14:31
ruby_parser (RP) is a ruby parser written in pure ruby (utilizing racc–which does by default use a C extension). It outputs s-expressions which can be manipulated and converted back to ruby via the ruby2ruby gem.
As an example:
def conditional1 arg1 return 1 if arg1 == 0 return 0 end
s(:defn, :conditional1, s(:args, :arg1), s(:if, s(:call, s(:lvar, :arg1), :==, s(:lit, 0)), s(:return, s(:lit, 1)), nil), s(:return, s(:lit, 0)))
Tested against 801,039 files from the latest of all rubygems (as of 2013-05):
- 1.8 parser is at 99.9739% accuracy, 3.651 sigma
- 1.9 parser is at 99.9940% accuracy, 4.013 sigma
- 2.0 parser is at 99.9939% accuracy, 4.008 sigma
- 2.6 parser is at 99.9972% accuracy, 4.191 sigma
3.18.1 / 2021-11-10
1 minor enhancement:
- All parser tests are now explicitly testing line numbers at every level.
3 bug fixes:
- Fixed endless method with noargs. (mitsuru)
- Fixed line numbers on some yield forms.
- Handle and clearly report if unifdef is missing.
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser
- bugs: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser/issues
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/ruby_parser