minitest version 3.0.0 has been released!
Published 2012-05-08 @ 20:36
minitest provides a complete suite of testing facilities supporting TDD, BDD, mocking, and benchmarking.
"I had a class with Jim Weirich on testing last week and we were allowed to choose our testing frameworks. Kirk Haines and I were paired up and we cracked open the code for a few test frameworks... I MUST say that minitest is *very* readable / understandable compared to the 'other two' options we looked at. Nicely done and thank you for helping us keep our mental sanity." -- Wayne E. Seguin
minitest/unit is a small and incredibly fast unit testing framework. It provides a rich set of assertions to make your tests clean and readable.
minitest/spec is a functionally complete spec engine. It hooks onto minitest/unit and seamlessly bridges test assertions over to spec expectations.
minitest/benchmark is an awesome way to assert the performance of your algorithms in a repeatable manner. Now you can assert that your newb co-worker doesn’t replace your linear algorithm with an exponential one!
minitest/mock by Steven Baker, is a beautifully tiny mock (and stub) object framework.
minitest/pride shows pride in testing and adds coloring to your test output. I guess it is an example of how to write IO pipes too. :P
minitest/unit is meant to have a clean implementation for language implementors that need a minimal set of methods to bootstrap a working test suite. For example, there is no magic involved for test-case discovery.
"Again, I can't praise enough the idea of a testing/specing framework that I can actually read in full in one sitting!" -- Piotr Szotkowski
3.0.0 / 2012-05-08
3 major enhancements:
- Added Object#stub (in minitest/mock.rb).
- Mock#expect mocks are used in the order they’re given.
- Mock#verify now strictly compares against expect calls.
3 minor enhancements:
- Added caller to deprecation message.
- Mock error messages are much prettier.
- Removed String check for RHS of assert/refute_match. This lets #to_str work properly.
1 bug fix:
- Support drive letter on Windows. Patch provided from MRI by Usaku NAKAMURA. (ayumin)
- vim: https://github.com/sunaku/vim-ruby-minitest
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/minitest
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/minitest