zenweb version 2.18.0 has been released!
Published 2009-06-23 @ 21:27
ZenWeb is a set of classes/tools for organizing and formating a website. It is website oriented rather than webpage oriented, unlike most rendering tools. It is content oriented, rather than style oriented, unlike most rendering tools. It provides a plugin system of renderers and filters to provide a very flexible, and powerful system.
Documentation is available in the docs directory, and can be generated into html (in docshtml) simply by running make. See QuickStart and YourOwnWebsite for setup and starting to build a website.
(EXPERIMENTAL) If you are running apache, you might try ‘make apache’ which will run a private version of apache that points to the generated documenation. Point your browser to port 8080 of localhost or whatever machine you are running on.
2.18.0 / 2009-06-23
1 major enhancement:
- Transitioned to hoe layout. FIVE YEARS since this was last released!
28 minor enhancements
- Added CalendarRenderer.
- Added FileAttachmentRenderer.
- Added TemplateRenderer. Might not work w/o other files tho… But readable. :)
- Added colon to the allowed filename regex.
- Added escape param to include method, defaulting to false.
- Added metadata: head_extra, naked_page, skip_subpages
- Added new syntax for automatic div and table markup.
- Added ordered HTML list support with the “=” delimiter
- Added several tests.
- Added style handlers to the HtmlTableRenderer for pretty markup
- Big push towards HTML 4.0 Strict compliance.
- Clarified what classes must not modify regular input in a test.
- Cleaned TextToHtmlRenderer by switching to a case for most stuff.
- Cleaned and fixed tests.
- Cleaned up FileAttachmentRenderer using new scan_region.
- Cleaned up all render tests to go directly against renderer.
- Enhanced GenericRenderer.scan_region to make it much easier for developers.
- Enhanced HtmlTableRenderer to be more customizable.
- Extended GenericRenderer#scan_region to pass the context to the yield block.
- Lots of work in tests to make cleaner/better.
- Made tests a TON faster (2x) by removing most calls to renderContent.
- Modified RubyCodeRenderer to use tags instead of ! lines.
- Revamped a number of tests.
- Switched HtmlTableRenderer to scan by line, not by paragraph.
- Workaround added until a bug is fixed in ruby (should be in 1.8.2). This speeds up ZenWeb by 50% on my website. (HAHA!)
- head_extra allows you to inject into the header (for JS mostly).
- naked_page turns off nearly all of the page template.
- skip_subpages turns off subpage injection.
10 bug fixes
- Couldn’t call parent on the top page.
- Fixed a bug in HtmlTableRenderer when a paragraph butts up against it.
- Fixed a bug in the doco.
- Fixed a problem where files with dashes in their names were rejected.
- Fixed a validation issue w/ divs inside tables.
- Fixed includes in makefile. Improved pre-test syntax checks.
- Fixed scan_region so it preserves all whitespace as-is.
- Fixed some HTML issues and a bug accidentally merging the event array
- ICBM metadata was missing a newline.
- TextToHtmlRenderer no longer wraps in P tags if it detects a block tag.