vlad version 1.2.0 has been released!
Published 2008-01-14 @ 23:06
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation, without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar and standard tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
- Full deployment automation stack.
- Turnkey deployment for mongrel+apache+svn.
- Supports single server deployment with just 3 variables defined.
- Built on rake. Easy. Engine is small.
- Very few dependencies. All simple.
- Uses ssh with your ssh settings already in place.
- Uses rsync for efficient transfers.
- Run remote commands on one or more servers.
- Mix and match local and remote tasks.
- Compatible with all of your tab completion shell script rake-tastic goodness.
- Ships with tests that actually pass in 0.028 seconds!
- Does NOT support Windows right now (we think). Coming soon in 1.2.
1.1.1 / 2008-01-14
5 major enhancements:
- Support for Rake 0.8. Should still work for Rake 0.7.
- Added git support (contributed by Garry Dolley).
- Reviewed for accuracy by Evan Phoenix.
- Added lighttpd.rb
- Added automatic client setup for perforce.
- Added mercurial SCM support patch. Closes ticket 13475.
6 minor enhancements:
- Added #put method that wraps up Tempfile/rsync pattern.
- Added automatic p4 client setup for perforce.
- Added vladdemo.sh
- Moved everything over to put.
- Moved generic app setup to core from mongrel.
- Parameterized ‘head’ into ‘revision’ variable (with head as default).
1 bug fix
- Fixed cleanup to actually properly clean up.