heckle version 1.3.0 has been released!
Published 2007-02-13 @ 14:42
Heckle is a mutation tester. It modifies your code and runs your tests to make sure they fail. The idea is that if code can be changed and your tests don’t notice, either that code isn’t being covered or it doesn’t do anything.
- 1 major enhancement:
- Unified diffs for mutatated methods
- 4 minor enhancements:
- Now returns exit status 1 if failed.
- Added a simple report at the end.
- Runs are now sorted by method.
- Autodetects rails and changes test_pattern accordingly.
- 2 bug fixes:
- Aborts when an unknown method is supplied.
- Escapes slashes in random regexps.