Pragmatic application deployment automation, without mercy.
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation,
without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the complexity.
Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar and standard
tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
% rake vlad:setup # first time only
% rake vlad:update
% rake vlad:migrate # optional
% rake vlad:start
- Full deployment automation stack.
- Turnkey deployment for passenger+apache+svn.
- Supports single server deployment with just 3 variables defined.
- Built on rake. Easy. Engine is small.
- Very few dependencies. All simple.
- Uses ssh with your ssh settings already in place.
- Uses rsync for efficient transfers.
- Run remote commands on one or more servers.
- Mix and match local and remote tasks.
- Compatible with all of your tab completion shell script rake-tastic goodness.
- Ships with tests that actually pass in 0.028 seconds!
Get The Code
If you just want to use vlad, you can install it via RubyGems:
gem install vlad
If you want to hack on vlad, clone it from GitHub:
git clone git://github.com/seattlerb/vlad