Published 2005-10-25 @ 19:41
(Notes from the plane home from OOPSLA/RubyConf)
1) Irons in the fire:
- Dave Simmons of SmallScript fame wants to work on our system to produce ST80 bytecode from ruby.
- A number of people want to improve RI, hacks, and PT, esp for windows. This will help us get more people using them.
- John Lam is interested for his ruby/CLR bridge.
- A number of people wanted to look at ruby2ruby to do refactoring tools.
- Don Roberts/John Brandt are extending their current refactoring toolset to generate entire tool suites for other languages. We should bug them for ruby in a month or so.
- Made some good business contacts. Mainly consultants like Russ (bay area pattern’s group
2) Potential new projects/demos:
- irb state saver (done, in 8 lines)
- r2yarv / r2st80 bytecode translator
- stock market toys/tools
- good demo on how to write refactoring tools for ruby
- fucking get over it and write a ruby parser/lexer, warts and all
- rubyholic website
- code coverage tool
- rule based tracing
- release zero2rails
- pure ruby PNG (maybe translatable to C)
- BFTS - new name of rubicon fork