Published at 17:19
ruby_parser (RP) is a ruby parser written in pure ruby (utilizing racc–which does by default use a C extension). RP’s output is the same as ParseTree’s output: s-expressions using ruby’s arrays and base types.
As an example:
def conditional1 arg1 return 1 if arg1 == 0 return 0 end
s(:defn, :conditional1, s(:args, :arg1), s(:if, s(:call, s(:lvar, :arg1), :==, s(:lit, 0)), s(:return, s(:lit, 1)), nil), s(:return, s(:lit, 0)))
Tested against 801,039 files from the latest of all rubygems (as of 2013-05):
- 1.8 parser is at 99.9739% accuracy, 3.651 sigma
- 1.9 parser is at 99.9940% accuracy, 4.013 sigma
- 2.0 parser is at 99.9939% accuracy, 4.008 sigma
3.13.1 / 2019-03-25
1 major enhancement:
- Overhauled RubyLexer#lex_state to allow for multi-state value.
5 minor enhancements:
- Added RubyParser#current so scripts can poke around inside.
- Cleaned up and modernized bin/ruby_parse_extract_error.
- Removed RubyLexer#in_lex_state? in favor of State#=~ and #==.
- Renamed RubyLexer#in_arg_state? to is_after_operator?.
- Replaced all use of :expr_<*> symbols w/ bitfields.
15 bug fixes:
- Added tests to show #233 already fixed.
- Fixed a lexer state bug dealing with complex edge case in hash key w/ interpolated symbol and an array value. Not a great fix. (presidentbeef)
- Fixed a number of lex_state check problems.
- Fixed alias and undef keyword data.
- Fixed bug normalizing to utf-8 on tail of dstr (post-interpolation). (mvz)
- Fixed handling of hex chars for bare unicode escape. (mvz)
- Fixed handling of invalid string octals more gracefully. Needs generalization.
- Fixed lexing of regexps w/ backslashed unicode. I hope.
- Fixed parse_percent for EXPR_FITEM edge cases. Fixed bug #125.
Fixed parsing of op_asgn on constants (eg ::X = 1).
- Fixed precedence of rescue modifier on assignments. (mvz/whitequark)
- Fixed some EXPR_FNAME edge cases.
- Fixed using unicode in gvars. Fixed bug 202. (331299)
- Handle invalid string literals more gracefully.
- Minor fix lexing %s
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser
- bugs: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser/issues
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/ruby_parser