ruby_parser version 3.0.0.a9 has been released!
Published 2012-10-22 @ 16:45
ruby_parser (RP) is a ruby parser written in pure ruby (utilizing racc–which does by default use a C extension). RP’s output is the same as ParseTree’s output: s-expressions using ruby’s arrays and base types.
As an example:
def conditional1 arg1 return 1 if arg1 == 0 return 0 end
s(:defn, :conditional1, s(:args, :arg1), s(:if, s(:call, s(:lvar, :arg1), :==, s(:lit, 0)), s(:return, s(:lit, 1)), nil), s(:return, s(:lit, 0)))
3.0.0.a9 / 2012-10-22
Holy crap! I’ve hit a 99.92% success rate against 558k files! 492 failed parses to go. NOW is the time to start testing ruby_parser against your code!
16 minor enhancements:
- 1.9 parser: Finished magic encoding and utf-8 bom support.
- 1.9: Added leading dot support eg “a\n.b”.
- 1.9: Added partial handling for *arg and opt=val args in block args.
- 1.9: OMFG Encoding is the worst thing ever. Overhauled encoding support once again. It is much better at doing last ditch guessing of the encoding of the source file.
- 1.9: added String#grep for legacy support.
- Added Sexp#block_pass?
- Added ability to delete slow files when they timeout.
- Added block_dup_check and refactored grammar code to use it for block arg handling.
- Added in_lex_state?(*states) to clean up lexer code.
- Added tentative support for optional block args. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!
- Added toggleable debugging to StackState to make my life easier
- All untested uses have not moved but have been laced with poison.
- Finally got good tests for most forms of double-block arg errors.
- Moved all known uses of SyntaxError to RubyParser::SyntaxError
- f_block_optarg now always returns a block node.
- ruby_parse_extract_error uses Find.find instead of globbing so dot files aren’t missed.
12 bug fixes:
- 1.9: Completely ignore IndexError in unread_many because… you know… it sucks.
- 1.9: Fixed lex state after lexing ? in trinary.
- 1.9: Fixed lex state in some ternarys.
- 1.9: Fixed parsing of “1 ? b(‘’) : 2\na d: 3”… ARE YOU NOT GLAD?!?!
- Fix Timeout differences between 1.8 and 1.9 :(
- Fixed emacs-style encodings to deal with no whitespace.
- Fixed error message for bad % codes. (whitequark)
- Fixed lexing of :a==>b vs :a===b vs :a==>b. P.S. Your space bar is broken. chump.
- Fixed lexing of rare numeric formats.
- Fixed magic comment encodings on DOS files … :/
- Fixed ruby_parse_extract_error to exit non-zero on errors.
- Removed Symbol#is_argument and switch usage to is_arg?
- bugs: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser/issues
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/ruby_parser