png version 1.2.0 has been released!
Published 2009-06-23 @ 19:52
PNG is an almost-pure-ruby PNG library. It lets you write a PNG without any C libraries.
1.2.0 / 2009-06-23
26 minor enhancements:
- Add load_metadata flag to PNG.load to extract dimensions and depth.
- Add pure-ruby versions back for png_join and png_crc.
- Added Canvas#composite(canvas, x, y, style) with overwrite, underlay, overlay, and blend.
- Added Canvas#each, passes x, y, color.
- Added Canvas#extract.
Added Color# , Background color is effective false.
- Added Font#coordinates and cached each letter when extracted.
- Added PNG::load_file.
- Added reader tests.
- Added tests for PNG::Font.
- Added tests for PNG::load.
- Added to/from hsv methods to Color.
- Clean up tests to remove duplication.
- Cleaned up Color#to_ascii to make much easier to read and extend.
- Cleaned up a fair amount of code, removing as many raw literals as possible.
- Color#blend is a simple averaging algorithm now.
- Extended reader to include RGB as well, paving the way for grayscale.
- Fake support for RGB as well as RGBA (default alpha to 255).
- Made reader work again (was flipped and all sorts of broken).
- Split out reader.
- Switched to minitest.
- Time to refactor PNG::Font to use #extract and #composite…
- Updated Rakefile to new hoe capabilities.
- Updated manifest.
- metadata_only now cleaner.
- read_IHDR now returns height, width instead of a canvas.
3 bug fixes:
- Fixed example/lines and added text.
- Fixes for 1.9.
- Ignore color profile if it exists (fixes problems on osx screenshots).