hoe version 2.0.0 has been released!
Published 2009-06-02 @ 16:44
Hoe is a rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It helps generate rubygems and includes a dynamic plug-in system allowing for easy extensibility. Hoe ships with plug-ins for all your usual project tasks including rdoc generation, testing, packaging, and deployment.
See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe
2.0.0 / 2009-06-02
3 major enhancements:
- Added a plugin system and extracted nearly everything into separate plugins.
- Added Clean, Debug, Deps, Flay, Flog, Inline, Package, Publish, Rake, Rcov, Signing, and Test plugins
9 minor enhancements:
- Added Hoe::spec replacing old Hoe.new spec form. Now with DSL flavors!
- Added DEFAULT_CONFIG so plugins can add to it.
- Added pluggable! to declare your package depends on rubygems 1.3.1+.
- Changes are now included in the gem’s description.
- Deprecated Hoe.new spec form.
- Filled in all the blanks on rdoc.
- Refactored nearly all the spec logic down to much smaller/cleaner pieces.
- Updated templates to use new form. No clue how best to update yours. :P
- Version number is now auto-searchable by grepping in all the files.