ZenTest version 3.11.0 has been released!
Published 2008-10-22 @ 19:49
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking! Use multiruby_setup to manage your installed versions.
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
3.11.0 / 2008-10-22
19 minor enhancements:
- Added :updated hook, gets list of updated files before running tests.
- Added autotest/restart.rb - restarts autotest if .autotest updated.
- Added better help to multiruby.
- Added dummy build command to multiruby_setup.
- Added git support.
- Added rbx:ln:$dir and rbx:git:current.
- Added rubygems:merge as a nice little hack to share rubygems setups.
- Added svn tag updating (eg will svn sw from mri 1.8.6 222 to 1.8.6 231).
- Autotest hooks now take *args as well as instance of autotest.
- Made it possible to have manually specified tags.
- Made multiruby a little more self-repairing wrt symlinks and build dirs.
- Refactored into mri_latest_tag(v).
- Refactored unit_diff to make it a bit easier to use as a library.
- Refactored zentest mapping main methods into munge/unmunge.
- Removed rubinius specific symlink hacks, now fully supported.
- mri:svn:releases figures out all the latest patch levels.
- multiruby_setup clean now checks for rakefile first, since rbx has both. :(
- multiruby_setup help now exits instead of building.
- multiruby_setup list and clean now exit
2 bug fixes:
- ZenTestMapping converts operator prefixes to operators only when an _ follows.
- Apparently Tempfile.open doesn’t return it’s last value. fixed.
2 bug fixes:
- Fixed bug in mri:svn:branch:xxx with svn dir name.
- multiruby_setup rm now smarter about tarballs.