miniunit version 1.2.0 has been released!
Published 2008-06-07 @ 22:49
mini/test is a completely minimial drop-in replacement for ruby’s test/unit. This is meant to be clean and easy to use both as a regular test writer and for language implementors that need a minimal set of methods to bootstrap a working unit test suite.
mini/spec is a functionally complete spec engine.
mini/mock, by Steven Baker, is a beautifully tiny mock object framework.
1.2.0 / 2008-06-09
2 major enhancements:
- Added Mini::Spec.
- Added Mini::Mock. Thanks Steven Baker!!
23 minor enhancements:
- Added bin/use_miniunit to make it easy to test out miniunit.
- Added -n filtering, thanks to Phil Hagelberg!
- Added args argument to #run, takes ARGV from at_exit.
- Added test name output if $DEBUG.
- Added a refute (was deny) for every assert.
- Added capture_io and a bunch of nice assertions from zentest.
- Added deprecation mechanism for assert_no/not methods to test/unit/assertions.
- Added pp output when available.
- Added tests for all assertions. Pretty much maxed out coverage.
- Added tests to verify consistency and good naming.
- Aliased and deprecated all ugly assertions.
- Cleaned out test/unit. Moved autorun there.
- Code cleanup to make extensions easier. Thanks Chad!
- Got spec args reversed in all but a couple assertions. Much more readable.
- Improved error messages across the board. Adds your message to the default.
- Moved into Mini namespace, renamed to Mini::Test and Mini::Spec.
- Pulled the assertions into their own module…
- Removed as much code as I could while still maintaining full functionality.
- Moved filter_backtrace into MiniTest.
- Removed MiniTest::Unit::run. Unnecessary.
- Removed location_of_failure. Unnecessary.
- Rewrote test/unit’s filter_backtrace. Flog from 37.0 to 18.1
- Removed assert_send. Google says it is never used.
- Renamed MiniTest::Unit.autotest to #run.
- Renamed deny to refute.
- Rewrote some ugly/confusing default assertion messages.
- assert_in_delta now defaults to 0.001 precision. Makes specs prettier.
9 bug fixes:
- Fixed assert_raises to raise outside of the inner-begin/rescue.
- Fixed for ruby 1.9 and rubinius.
- No longer exits 0 if exception in code PRE-test run causes early exit.
- Removed implementors method list from mini/test.rb - too stale.
- assert_nothing_raised takes a class as an arg. wtf? STUPID
- “.EF” output is now unbuffered.
- Bunch of changes to get working with rails… UGH.
- Added stupid hacks to deal with rails not requiring their dependencies.
- Now bitch loudly if someone defines one of my classes instead of requiring.
- Fixed infect method to work better on 1.9.
- Fixed all shadowed variable warnings in 1.9.