ruby_parser version 1.0.0 has been released!
Published 2007-12-22 @ 15:00
ruby_parser (RP) is a ruby parser written in pure ruby (utilizing racc–which does by default use a C extension). RP’s output is the same as ParseTree’s output: s-expressions using ruby’s arrays and base types.
- Pure ruby, no compiles.
- Incredibly simple interface.
- Output is 100% equivalent to ParseTree.
- Can utilize PT’s SexpProcessor and UnifiedRuby for language processing.
- Known Issue: Speed sucks currently. 5500 tests currently run in 21 min.
- Known Issue: Code is waaay ugly. Port of a port. Not my fault. Will fix RSN.
- Known Issue: I don’t currently support newline nodes.
- Known Issue: Totally awesome.
- Known Issue: dasgn_curr decls can be out of order from ParseTree’s.
- TODO: Add comment nodes.
RubyParser.new.parse "1+1" # => s(:call, s(:lit, 1), :+, s(:array, s(:lit, 1)))
1.0.0 / 2007-12-20
- 1 major enhancement