vlad version 1.0.0 has been released!
Published 2007-08-13 @ 17:03
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation, without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar and standard tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
- Full deployment automation stack.
- Supports single server deployment with just 4 variables defined.
- Very few dependencies. All simple.
- Uses ssh with your ssh settings already in place.
- Uses rsync for efficient transfers.
- Run remote commands on one or more servers.
- Syncs files to one or more servers.
- Mix and match local and remote tasks.
- Built on rake. easy.
- Compatible with all of your tab completion shell script rake-tastic goodness.
- Ships with tests that actually pass.
- Engine is under 500 lines of code.
- Super uper simple.
- Does NOT support Windows right now. Coming soon in 1.1.
- This is 1.0.0… expect rough edges.