png version 1.1.0 has been released!
Published 2007-03-26 @ 14:29
PNG is an almost-pure-ruby PNG library. It lets you write a PNG without any C libraries.
- Very simple interface.
- Outputs simple PNG files with ease.
- Basic PNG reader as well (someday it might do compositing and the like!).
- Almost pure ruby, does require a compiler.
require 'png' canvas = PNG::Canvas.new 200, 200 # Set a point to a color canvas[100, 100] = PNG::Color::Black # draw an anti-aliased line canvas.line 50, 50, 100, 50, PNG::Color::Blue png = PNG.new canvas png.save 'blah.png'
1.1.0 / 2007-03-26
- 4 major enhancements:
- Fixed and incorporated Dominik Barathon’s optimizations.
- Wrote inline methods for png_crc and png_join. Now about 15x faster overall.
- Basic PNG loading.
- Reoriented x/y origin to bottom left. This will break things!
- 3 minor enhancements:
- Awesome ascii art patches from Tom Werner: Canvas#inpsect, Canvas#to_s, Color#to_ascii.
- Switched to Hoe.
- PNG.pie_chart from png/pie.
- 1 bug fix:
- Fixed bug in PNG::Canvas#each.