image_science version 1.1.1 has been released!
Published 2007-03-08 @ 15:15
ImageScience is a clean and happy Ruby library that generates thumbnails – and kicks the living crap out of RMagick. Oh, and it doesn’t leak memory like a sieve. :) For more information including build steps, see http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/
1.1.1 / 2007-03-08
- 5 minor enhancements:
- Added error handler that raises with information about what went wrong.
- thumbnail is now pure ruby, everything now uses resize.
- Produces cleaner JPEG files, with a small cost to file size/speed.
- resize now uses Catmull-Rom spline filter for better quality.
- resize copies existing ICC Profile to thumbnail, producing better color.
- ICC Profile NOT copied for PNG as it seems to be buggy.
- 1 bug fix:
- Fixed rdoc