ZenTest 3.4.2 Released
Published 2006-11-08 @ 23:42
ZenTest version 3.4.2 has been released! Between this and today’s Hoe release with test_deps should fix all issues with autotest and rake test disagreeing.
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking!
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
3.4.2 / 2006-11-09
- 2 minor enhancements:
- Add TextHelper for pluralize.
- Add deny_nil to Test::Rails.
- 7 bug fixes:
- Fixed test_help’s Flash. It’s is a module. Oops…
- Don’t run util_audit_assert_assigned if tests didn’t pass, results will be bogus.
- Fixed AssertionsTest names to match what autotest expects.
- Fixed bug where deny_includes failed for Symbol keys.
- Switched autotest to use require instead of load… Why??? I don’t know!!
- Fixed a minor but annoying whitespace difference in unit_diff.
- Switched argument order of assert_includes and deny_includes to match Test::Unit convention.