ZenTest 3.4.1 Released
Published 2006-10-13 @ 19:04
ZenTest version 3.4.1 has been released!
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking!
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
3.4.1 / 2006-10-13
- 3 minor enhancements:
- FUNDAMENTALLY changed the way failures map back to tests. This requires users of autotest to ensure that their tests and impls map 1:1 at every scoping level. I’ll blog more details soon.
- Hoe’d rakefile
- Added support for render :collection to RenderTree.
- 7 bug fixes:
- Fixed autotest tests for custom ruby names.
- Fixed some documentation errors in ControllerTestCase.
- Fixed setup in FunctionalTestCase.
- Allowed @assigns_ignored to contain either Symbols or Strings, bug 5233.
- Using Object.path2class to look up classes in helper test cases, bug 5493.
- Added assert_text_area, bug 5452.
- Renamed assert_select to assert_select_tag. Stupid rails. We were here first.